Tuesday, October 3, 2017

“I love to make women beautiful” - Mariam Barry


Mariam Barry

“I love to make women beautiful,” Mariam Barry, owner of M-B Hair and Beauty Supplies on a sprawling shop space of 1500 square feet at the WesBanco building on 2700 E Dublin Granville Road, Columbus, Ohio, said.

“Mummy Beauty” as she decoded the “M-B” has been part of her growing up, as Mariam who moved to America from Guinea in 1997 told the New Americans.
“I used to braid, make women beautiful in Guinea. I dressed up women for marriage. When I came to the United States I continued to braid. 

“I love to make women beautiful. I love to show the world what I’ve got in my hand. I’ve been in the business for 19years,” she added.
The mother of a University graduate son moved from New York to Columbus in 2006 and her present location, the second, was a result of an expansion. 

Apart from making different styles of hair ranging from Bass Braid, Micro, and Corn Rolls, Mariam integrated sale of different beauty products into her business. They include different kinds of body and hair creams and lotions, hair attachments, perfumes, body sprays, nail remover and polish, cotton balls and many other items. 

Her long experience in the profession enables her to determine what kind of hair style that fits a customer if requested.
Mariam hopes to continue to grow, expand and make her mark in Columbus and outside the city as her works are noticed and recognized by those who meet her customers in different places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment