Monday, December 4, 2017

Doctors Pharmacy opens with Opportunities in West-side Columbus



Monday, November  20, 2017, Dr.    Emmanuel Quainoo opened his Pharmacy, Doctors Pharmacy on West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio. Emmanuel has always desired the independence of working with patients with the boundless availability of time that chain drug stores do not offer. He was born in Ghana, raised in both Ghana and the United Kingdom. He spoke with the New Americans on his motivation, goals and future plans:
Profile
 I studied Biological sciences and majored in Chemistry as an undergrad. I worked in my dad’s chemical shop as a teenager and developed the love for the practice of pharmacy. I went to an all-boys catholic boarding school and studied science. From there, I knew I wanted to become a chemist/ pharmacist. After undergraduate school, I lived and worked in London, UK for a while. I returned to Ghana and worked as a petroleum chemist/ Process Engineer at an oil refinery company. While there, I still worked at my dad’s chemical shop and I knew helping people on a path to better health was my real calling. I left for the U.S on a scholarship to graduate school. I studied Biochemistry in graduate school here in the U.S. While in grad school, my research interest in the field of biochemical analytics in the discovery of cancer drugs further drew me closer to taking care of people by offering them the best counsel on medication use. After completing graduate school, I contemplated on Medical school or Pharmacy school. I chose Pharmacy school due to my familiarity with the field and the fact that, I enjoy teaching and talking about drugs. I taught Pharmacy tech courses for a while at a college before going to Pharmacy school.  I graduated from the James Winkle College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree with a major focus on clinical practice. People enjoy talking to me, because I am a good listener and have a good understanding for their needs and problems. What’s more, pharmaceutics has always been my field of interest.
Pharmacy
Pharmacists are members of the healthcare team. Patients do well when pharmacists are part of their healthcare teams because pharmacists know more about medications. As a teacher, I chose Pharmacy because I wanted to spend time with my patients while counseling them and educating them about their medications
Early time in the U. S
It was not too difficult for me. However, I had to become accustomed to the practice of pharmacy in the U.S from my days back in Ghana. The good thing is that Pharmacy school here in the U.S gave me all the needed training, qualifications and experience necessary to excel as a pharmacist in giving the best care to my patients. I believe that when you are born naturally to care for people, it is a joy to execute that duty.  For me, I treat patients as part of my family, so it is never difficult taking care of them. I enjoy talking to my patients and making recommendations for them.
Motivation
I like the independence of working with patients with the boundless availability of time that chain drug stores do not offer. I enjoy counseling patients and interacting with them so that they feel part of the pharmacy family. Nothing satisfies me more than knowing that I have helped a patient on a path to better health. With Doctors Pharmacy, I can achieve all that.
Location
I chose the west side of Columbus because it is a fast-developing side of town and very cosmopolitan – Spanish, Somalis, Americans, Nepalese, etc. You name them.  Pharmacists in both the North and East sides of town were doing fantastic jobs by making care very reachable to these minority communities there. I felt the need to extend this service to the West as well. After all, the best, they say, comes from the West.
Incentives
At Doctors Pharmacy, we work with other pharmacists and medical doctors who have volunteered their time to offer free counseling and care to our patients, especially those who find it difficult accessing healthcare from mainstream hospitals due to language barriers, etc. We offer free blood pressure monitoring, free pick-up and delivery to home and offices, free review of medications and easy transfer of medications. We also do follow ups with your doctor for refills and appointment schedules. We also offer recommendations to patients without primary physicians.
Plans
The future plan is to establish ourselves as the go-to pharmacy within the community by producing the best customer service and care to our patients. We want to build a trusting relationship with our patients and offer them the best care at very affordable cost. From there, we can expand our service to other areas of Columbus and beyond and give our patients a taste of real patient care by pharmacists who care about their wellbeing.
With this, I appeal to everyone living on the west side of Columbus to come and check us out. We stock over the counter medications, vitamins, and personal beauty care and products. We have the best deal on our quality products you will never find anywhere. There are free vitamins and products when you transfer your prescriptions to the Doctors Pharmacy.   

3 comments:

  1. The educator may record his address as video at home and can give the vital detail in it but you can click on http://www.residencylor.com/soap-residency/ for useful work. In the classroom he can sit simply playing his video in the classroom and let the understudies to find out about the point.

    ReplyDelete